Dr. Gwen Rempel ~ Professor of Nursing and Health Studies, Faculty of Health Disciplines, Athabasca University, Alberta, Canada. Gwen conducts research with children and youth with complex congenital heart disease and their parents and other family members. Circle of Security-Parenting™ is a recent focus of Gwen’s research.
- Ph.D. (Nursing) University of Alberta
- MSN (Clinical Specialization) University of British Columbia
- BSN University of British Columbia
Teaching & Learning Interests
- Relationship-based parenting – Circle of Security ParentingTM
- Philosophical foundations of nursing
- Qualitative and mixed methods research methods
Scholarship and Research Interests
- Parenting children with complex health issues
- Resilience and attachment
- Transition from pediatric to adult care
- College and Association of Registered Nurses
- Society for Pediatric Cardiovascular Nurses
- Women and Children’s Health Research Institute
- International Institute of Qualitative Methodology (IIQM)
“Realizing the problem wasn’t necessarily me”: the meaning of childhood adversity and resilience in the lives of autistic adults
Authors: GA Heselton, GR Rempel, DB Nicholas
Publisher: International journal of qualitative studies on health and well-being 17 (1 …
Patient-reported outcomes in the aging population of adults with congenital heart disease: results from APPROACH-IS.
Authors: P Moons, K Luyckx, C Thomet, W Budts, J Enomoto, MA Sluman, HL Yang, ...
Authors: AS Mackie, KN Rankin, M Yaskina, J Gingrich, E Williams, M Schuh, ...